Patient Participation Group
The Aims of the Patient Participation Group
The overall aim of our group [PPG] is to develop a positive and constructive relationship between patients, the Practice and the community it serves, ensuring the practice remains accountable and responsive to all its patients needs.
Our group key roles are:-
- Create and improve two-way communication between patients, the Practice and the community it serves.
- To bring a sense of partnership between Practice and patients.
- Provide an avenue for patients’ input in the way facilities and services are planned and executed, to add humanity to, and influence those services.
- Provide constructive two-way feedback on patient and community needs, concerns and interests.
- Support the Practice in good health promotions, preventative medicine and health literacy
- Collect patient opinions and experiences to help the practice to evaluate its services.
- Communicate to the practice community and/or the wider community information about the practice.
Patient Practice Group Signup
Patient Practice Group Contact Form
Patient Practice Group Minutes Archive
In addition to our Patient Participation Group (and to run in conjunction with) we have a Virtual Patient Participation Group. This exists of patients who do not attend group meetings (ie if the group is running at full member capacity/if the patient is unable to attend meetings) but would like to take part in associated questionnaires/surveys and to contribute to the Practice's decision making process around practice facilities and services.
The aim of the Virtual Patient Participation Group facility is to attract a wider range of patient views (representative of the Practice Population) which will help meet the needs of the whole patient population.
From time to time the Virtual Patient Participation Group will be asked to complete on line surveys etc. and once the results of surveys have been collated they will be used in the decision making process and the outcome will be published on the website/Practice Newsletter.
The group would like to contact patients on occasion by email and/or text so that they can obtain the views of the widest group of patients possible. We would like to obtain your email address and mobile phone number to do this.
Please complete the Patient Contact Form to provide your consent for this.